Top 10 Ways To Spend Less And Get More
(NAPSI)-The average family can save at least $1,000 per year by spending just 20 minutes a week seeking value from a variety of sources, according to a leading trade association. Consider these practical tips to spend less and get more:
1. Share savings with a friend: People are passionate about scoring great deals and word of mouth is a good way to find deals.
2. Seek savings offline and online: Those achieving the greatest savings are clipping print coupons and printing online coupons.
3. Organize your coupons: Organize coupons the way in which you walk through the store -putting those expiring soonest in the front.
4. Stock up on sale items: When you see an item on special, or a savings is featured with your loyalty card and you have a coupon-stock up (66 percent of coupon shoppers say they are often able to combine coupons with other in-store specials, sales or frequent-shopper discounts).
5. Access coupons everywhere: Create a coupon envelope that lives in-and is always returned to-the car of the family’s main shopper.
6. Get meal ideas from coupons: If you find a fantastic coupon, don’t dismiss it simply because the item is not usually on your list. Planning your meals at the same time as reviewing coupon offers lets you take advantage of really great deals-and try new recipes.
7. Double your savings: If your favorite retailer offers double or triple coupon values, shop on the days when you can get even more savings.
8. Do your savings homework: Consumer research indicates big-ticket purchases require research. The Internet can help. Electronics, appliances, furniture, autos and trips top the list of more expensive items that require planning.
9. Call manufacturer 800 numbers: Up to 35 percent of manufacturers only send coupons upon request.
10. Plan meals using your store’s circular: Grocery is the No. 1 savings category (89 percent), according to a survey on red plum.com. RedPlum’s coupons, savings and deals reach more than 100 million shoppers weekly. Many savvy cooks create meal plans based on what the stores advertise that week.
For more tips to stretch your budget, visit redplum.com.
- 32 ways to save when grocery shopping
- 20 ways to save on groceries
- Coupons.com Launches Coupons for Facebook
- Coupon clipping pays off
- Five Smart Ways to Save Money at the Supermarket